Marketing Strategy Using Social Media in 2021
When you are trying to run a business, no matter how big or small or what niche market, you will need to know where you stand among your competitors and in the eyes of your customers.
In addition to this, you will need a good understanding of how you are going to present yourself to your target customers.
Having a strong brand positioning statement is the best way to achieve this.
Setting up a strong social media marketing campaign strategy can also help guide you as you market and promote your company, brand, goods, and services to your target audience.
Marketing Strategy Using Social Media in 2021
The trick with branding and marketing on social media is you need a strong campaign formulation in place.
You will need a slogan or advertising statement that summarizes your brand and what you have to offer customers.
Catchy and memorable phrases are the most successful. Everyone knows McDonald’s “I’m Lovin’ It” and Publix’s “We love to see you smile”.
These marketing phrases help customers remember the brand.
So, developing a strong one for your company is key.
It needs to be small and easy to say, use, and remember so your employees have an easy way to talk about your business and so customers and potential customers can easily remember what it is you have to offer them.
There are four key parts to an effective and strong marketing focus, no matter what industry you are in or what goods or services you are offering:
- Target Customer: Know your target group’s likes and dislikes, what they want and need, and what they are looking for, you can show them how you can satisfy that for them.
- Market Definition: Know how your business and your goods or services are classified so you can find ways to set yourself apart from the competition and make yourself unique in some way.
- Business Promise: Find benefits that are true and logical and of value to your customers and weave them into the branding promise you fashion for your business.
- Reason to Invest: Provide reasons and evidence to your customers as to why they should trust you and invest their time and money into your brand over someone else’s.
Remembering these key points will help you position yourself for success and make it easier to fine-tune your social media marketing campaign for 2021 and beyond.
Using Multiple Social Media Platforms for Successful Marketing
Once you know what your focused angle will be for your marketing campaign and how you will present yourself on the social media platforms you choose, it is time to find the platforms.
While each platform has its benefits and primary focuses and setups, using two or more social media platforms can be a great way to expand your reach and impact. While Facebook and Twitter may seem the most logical, working videos into a YouTube channel, posting photos of products on Instagram, and using a combination of platforms can give you the greatest reach and the best versatility.
- Advertisement 360: Creating social media content is a good step but you need to take some time to do a little research to make sure you have the right platforms in your arsenal. Why bother with diversifying for multiple platforms? The more platforms you get your offers on the more customers you can get out in front of. The more eyes you get on your brand the more opportunities you have for sales and marketing. Some customers may be on Facebook and Twitter while others may spend more time on YouTube or on Snapchat. By diversifying what social media platforms you are on, you exotically increase the odds of customers discovering your brand and contacting you when they have a need that you can meet.
- Community building: Make sure that your business has a strong and easy to recognize brand that is consistently represented on all marketing posts and products. This means your logo should be the same, the same banners need to be used, and the same mottos and catchphrases need to be used in all advertising content you use on your marketing sites. The goal should be to have customers think of you and your business when they see your logo, hear your catchphrase, or think about the services you offer. Another way to resonate with customers and stay at the forefront of their minds while they shop is to be open to communication, respond to their comments and feedback, and always maintain a customer-first approach to any and all interactions and posts made online.
The Best Social Media Strategy for 2021
There obviously is a lot to keep track of when using social media to promote your business in 2021 and the years ahead. While every campaign will look a bit different, there are some key tips that can help with any marketing strategy:
- Create and Use Hashtag – While Twitter is the king of the hashtags, other platforms such as Tumblr and Pinterest also utilize hashtags to aid in searches. Use trending hashtags and make ones specific to your brand and use them often. They can go a long way in helping you boost your ranking on platform searches.
- Automate the Platform – When possible take advantage of automated processes and offerings. Schedule posts ahead of time and let them automatically post so you can get ahead and not have to worry so much about when and where things go live on your channel and pages.
- Set Strategies Seasonally – Remember that in pretty much any industry or niche market, there are seasonal cycles to supply and demand. Even if these things stay fairly balanced all year for you, consider seasonal ads and promotions to appeal to customers in different ways at different times of the year.
- Analyze Your Posts and Ads – The final tip for maximizing your 2021 social media campaign is to take the time to analyze your current campaign strategy. Be willing to take an honest look at the data and see what is and is not working and be willing to change things and adapt as needed.
Develop a Successful Global Ads Strategy With LeadStream
YouTube’s bumper ad is by far the most commonly seen type of advertisement on the platform.
With this format, you get a short unskippable video ad that plays before a YouTube video.
Most are 5-10 seconds in length though some that appear on longer videos can be a bit longer as well.
Due to their short length, bumper ads are commonly used to push brand awareness and to get names, logos, slogans, and CTAs in front of as many potential customers as possible.
Share this article
Subscribe to our newsletter
No spam, only great value!
Our latest articles
Google Lead Forms is a new function from Google Ads that you should know about. We tell you everything about it, right here!
Increasing online sales is the ultimate goal for many businesses. Whether it’s a large ecommerce store or mom and pop retail business, there are a number of ways you can do it. Discover the 2021 digital marketing strategies to help grow your business.
Images attract and can even convert customers into buyers, but they can also slow down your website. Here’s how to optimize your images for SEO.